9.26.2011

getting started


So, here I am, getting started in the world of personal blogging. 


For over a year, maybe two?, I have been posting blogs for the organization where I work (The Arc of Indiana), and I am the task master for making others on staff write blogs, but somehow I have avoided actually blogging for work myself.  


The Arc is hosting workshops to train folks how to blog, so I figured I would jump in too.


Our first step was to come up with our blog's name.  To begin we thought about nicknames, hobbies, favorite quotes, things we do, etc. etc.  


One of the first things that came to mind was an old (old) nickname from grade school, "Mander" - an abbreviation of salamander - get it, Sally, salamander.
The other thing that came to mind is that lately it seems I have lots on my mind, and - with my oldest of two just off to college and my youngest of two just starting high school- feel that I am in a time of transition - sort of meandering about in thoughts and actions. 


Not quite sure what I will be saying here - hopefully gaining some focus on not just mandering around aimlessly.  Sometimes it may link back to what interests me or what I observe at work in the world of developmental disabilities.  Sometimes my family.  Sometimes what interests me in the news or what seems crazy right now in the world of politics.  


Urban Dictionary says "mandering," is similar to wandering, but in a more absurd way - seems appropriate - so, "manderings," it is for this blog's name.  If I add a photo of a meandering salamander will it make any more sense?




Um, guess not, but he is kinda cute. 

2 comments:

  1. See!! I knew you could be a blogger......funny, witty.....warm, inviting!!

    Just like I know you are!! :)

    Hugs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the story behind your bloggy name!

    ReplyDelete